Fast Find

Burn Permits

Need a Burn Permit
Please review the information below and contact the Somerville Fire Department by calling (901) 465-3332, or coming to headquarters located at 117 West North Street or by email if you would like to apply for a permit.

Blasting – Regulated by the State of Tennessee 
The State of Tennessee regulates all construction blasting. If you have questions about construction blasting, please contact the State Fire Marshal’s office at (615) 741-7190. 

Residential Trash Burning - Prohibited 
Residential burning of trash is prohibited in Somerville. The Somerville Public Works Department collects yard waste / brush from homeowners. For more information, contact the Public Works Department at (901) 465-9500.